UIDAI Aadhaar Card Updates: If you want to keep your Aadhar card safe, then you can follow some steps. With the help of which you can lock your biometric data online. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has suggested that people can lock their Aadhaar data and biometrics online. This can be kept safe from any kind of misuse by temporarily unlocking the Aadhaar data. With this, no one will be able to misuse your Aadhar card.
How to lock biometric data
It is known that before knowing how to lock or unlock biometric data, let us understand that the data is collected by UIDAI. While enrolling for Aadhaar number, it is necessary to give full name, address, mobile number, date of birth etc. UIDAI takes the photograph of the person enrolling for Aadhaar. It does not form part of your biometrics.
Register with Aadhaar Number and Email
Let us tell you that for biometric data, you can cover 10 fingerprints of both your hands and your iris. You can only allow the use of your fingerprints and iris related data to lock and unlock Aadhaar. To use this facility, you must have your mobile number or email ID registered with UIDAI. For this, you can also register and update your mobile number and email ID by visiting the nearest center.
This is how you can lock your aadhar
- You have to first go to this link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/biometric-lock.
- You can enter your Aadhar number, security code (number from the image) on this link. Also click on Send One Time Passcode (OTP).
- You will get OTP in SMS on your registered mobile number. Enter OTP and click on login.
- Enter the security code and then click on ‘Enable Biometric Locking’.
- After this you can ‘Successfully Enable’ Biometric Locking on Aadhaar Number or not.
- You will get information about your Aadhaar Biometric Lock. You can temporarily unlock it if necessary.
Unlock Biometrics by following these steps
- You get two options in unlocking Aadhaar details, which can be unlocked on a temporary basis and on a permanent basis.
- You need to follow the same procedure mentioned above.
- If you want to temporarily unlock your biometric details, click on ‘Unlock’.
- If you want to unlock your biometric details permanently, then you can uncheck the check box of ‘Lock’ and click on ‘Disable locking’.
- You can lock and unlock your biometric data.
read this also-
Petrol Diesel Price: There will be relief from inflation, there may be a reduction of ₹ 2 in the price of petrol and diesel