Bank Holidays in October 2022: October is more than halfway through. Bank employees are battling in this month because there are many consecutive days of holidays in the bank this month (Bank Holidays in October 2022). Even at the beginning of the month, banks were closed for several days and now at the end of the month, banks will have 6 consecutive days of holiday. Banks will remain closed for almost the entire week in many cities across the country. The festival of Diwali (Diwali 2022) will be celebrated in India next week. Diwali is a full five-day festival. It begins with Dhanteras 2022 and ends with the festival of Bhai Dooj. Due to this, banks in many parts of the country will remain closed for 6 consecutive days including Saturday holiday. In such a situation, customers may have to face a lot of inconvenience. If you have to complete any important work in these 6 days, then complete it today. Otherwise you may have to face a lot of trouble later.
How to settle your work in Bank Holiday
Let us tell you that you can use digital banking so that customers do not have to face problems due to bank holidays. With the changing times, many big changes have come in the banking system nowadays. Nowadays people do necessary transactions through net banking and mobile banking even on holidays. Apart from this, you can also use ATM (Cash Transaction with ATM) to withdraw cash. Let us tell you in which cities the banks will remain closed for 6 consecutive days.
Banks will remain closed for 6 consecutive days in these cities-
- 22 October 2022- There will be a bank holiday across the country due to Dhanteras and fourth Saturday.
- 23 October 2022- Sunday will be a holiday across the country.
- 24 October 2022- Due to Kali Puja/Diwali/Narak Chaturdashi, there will be a bank holiday in the entire country except Gangtok, Hyderabad and Imphal.
- 25 October 2022- There will be a holiday in Gangtok, Hyderabad and Imphal due to Lakshmi Puja/Diwali/Govardhan Puja.
- 26 October 2022- Govardhan Puja/Vikram Samvat New Year’s Day/Bhai Dooj/Diwali/Bali Pratipada/Lakshmi Puja/Entrance Day – Banks will remain closed in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bengaluru, Dehradun, Gagtak, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Shimla, Srinagar .
- 27 October 2022- Banks will remain closed in Gangtok, Imphal, Kanpur and Lucknow due to Bhai Dooj/ Chitragupta Jayanti/ Laxmi Puja/ Deepawali/ Ningol Chakkuba.
Banks will be closed for a total of 21 days in October
Let us tell you that according to the list of holidays released by RBI, in the month of October, Durga Puja, Dussehra, Diwali And due to festivals like Chhath, banks will remain closed for 21 days. It is worth noting that bank holidays are decided on the basis of regional festivals and birth anniversary. Due to Chhath Puja and birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on 31 October 2022, there will be a bank holiday in cities like Patna, Ranchi and Ahmedabad.
read this also-