EPFO Interest News: Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has more than 25 crore subscribers (EPF Subscribers) across the country, out of which the government is soon going to transfer interest in the account of about 6 crore people. In such a situation, to get this interest, you will have to deal with a very important task. Without doing this work, interest money will not be transferred to your account. Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF) has given its subscribers the facility to update KYC (Know Your Customer-KYC).
You can update KYC by visiting the official portal of EPFO, epfindia.gov.in. If the KYC process of an account holder is not completed, then in such a situation, the PF will not transfer the interest money to the account. You will need UAN number and password to do this work. If you have not yet completed your EPFO KYC, then update it as soon as possible. Let’s know about this-
What will happen if KYC is not updated?
Employees Provident Fund Organization has told that you do not face any problem in money transfer or withdrawal when KYC is updated in the account. On the other hand, in the absence of such, there is a problem in getting tax claim or interest in some way. Without KYC (EPF KYC), you also do not get any kind of SMS alert related to the account. In such a situation, do this work as soon as possible. It is worth noting that EPFO has given this information that from 31 October 2022, it has started transferring interest money in the account of employees.
These documents are required to update KYC-
- Aadhar Number (Aadhaar Card)
- PAN Number (PAN Card)
- Driving License
- Copy of Passbook for Bank Account Number
Step by step process to update KYC-
- For this, first go to the member portal of EPFO.
- Here login by entering your UAN number and password.
- As soon as you login, a page will open in front of you in which manage will be written.
- Select its KYC option. After this, fill all the details asked here like Aadhar number, PAN number, bank account number etc.
- After that click on Save option.
- In the column of KYC Pending for Approval, you will see the status of KYC.
- If you see Digitally Approved KYC written then your KYC has been completed. You will also get a message through its SMS.