Shiv Puja: Special worship of Bholenath is done on Monday. It is said that Bholenath is very naive and gets pleased with the devotees very soon. According to the Puranas, by offering some special things on the Shivling on Monday, Bholenath is soon pleased and removes all the obstacles in life. Shiva worship has its own rules. It is considered auspicious to offer some things including Aak, Bilvapatra and cannabis on Shivling, while there are some things which are considered inauspicious to use in Shiva worship. Let us know about these things.
These things should not be offered on Shivling
- Turmeric is considered very sacred and important in all religious works, but turmeric is not offered in the worship of Lord Shankar. Turmeric is used in cosmetics. According to the scriptures, Shivling is considered a symbol of masculinity, hence turmeric is not offered to Mahadev.
- Bholenath does not like any other flower except Kaner and Kamal. One should not offer any red colored flowers, Ketki and Kevada flowers to Lord Shiva. Doing this does not give the fruit of worship.
- According to the scriptures, Kumkum and Roli are not used in the worship of Shiva. Therefore, Roli should never be offered on Shivling.
- Conch is very dear to Lord Vishnu but conch shell is not used in the worship of Shiva. Lord Shankar had killed a demon named Shankhachur, so conch shell is considered a taboo in the worship of Lord Shiva.
- According to the scriptures, offering Tulsi leaves to Lord Shiva is also considered inauspicious. There is also a legend behind it. It is said that Vrinda, the wife of Asura Raj Jalandhar, had become a Tulsi plant. Shiva had killed Jalandhar, so Vrinda had spoken of not using Tulsi leaves in the worship of Lord Shiva.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of belief, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.
read this also-