Custard Apple or Sugar Apple For Health: Custard Apple is called Sharifa in Hindi. It is a sweet and very tasty fruit, which is usually found in the hill area. In our country, this fruit is easily available in the market from August to November. Although we do not buy and eat Sharifa with much fervor like mangoes and apples. There may be reasons for this, but this fruit is more beneficial for health when it is consumed in small quantities.
Eating custard apple in moderation helps to overcome many health problems ranging from high blood pressure to poor digestion. But if this fruit is consumed regularly and in excess, it can harm brain health and can also trigger a disease like Parkinson’s. However, this happens only when it is consumed in excessive quantity. You can get many benefits by consuming it in limited quantity.
get rid of low mood
- As soon as October comes, the problem of low mood starts bothering many people. Especially after the corona infection, a large number of people are struggling with problems like mental health problems and mood swings. If you are also a victim of this, then consume custard apple two to three times a week.
- According to a study, by eating one cup of custard apple, 24 percent of a person’s vitamin-B6 is fulfilled in a day. A cup of custard apple contains about 160 grams of vitamin-B6. Which increases the secretion of happy hormones seratonin and dopamine, which keeps the mood good.
Therefore it protects from many diseases.
- Antioxidants are found in very good amounts in Custard Apple. It contains flavonoids, carotenoids, kyreloic acid and vitamin-C. Which makes it a great antioxidant. Because of this, consumption of custard apple protects the skin from damage caused by free radicals. Keeps the heart healthy and prevents cancer cells from growing.
- Let us tell you that there are many types of antioxidants and besides working on the whole body, they work more on certain parts of the body. Like the carotenoid antioxidant lutein. It is necessary to maintain the ability of the eyes to see.
- When the amount of free radicals inside the body increases too much, then they also damage the vision. Along with this, due to increasing age or spending more time on the screen, vision also suffers. To avoid these conditions, it is necessary to maintain the lutein level.
protect against high blood pressure
- In a life full of stress and workload, high blood pressure has become a common problem now. However, by eating fruits like custard apple, you can control the problem of high blood pressure. There is a very good amount of potassium in Sharifa. A cup of chopped fenugreek provides 10 percent of the daily requirement of potassium and 6 percent of magnesium. According to research, a person needs 4,700 mg of potassium every day.
- But it is not at all that to fulfill the requirement of potassium, you should eat custard apple by filling your stomach. To do so would be harmful. You eat only one custard in a day and consume this fruit only 2 to 3 times a week.
How to consume Sharifa?
Custard apple should always be eaten after removing the skin and removing the seeds. Its peel and seeds should be completely avoided, they are considered injurious to health. Therefore, you eat it after washing-peeling-cutting and removing the seeds.
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet and suggestion, please consult a doctor or concerned expert.
Read also: As the weather changes, the mood starts to stay low, then use lavender oil with this method
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )