Baby Sleep Advice : Full and deep sleep is very important for everyone, be it children or adults. Body and mind get rest only by good sleep. After exhausting the whole day, we are able to start the next day with energy. If sleep is disturbed, then many health related disturbances start happening. At the same time, the biggest reason for poor sleep in today’s time is digital devices such as laptops, tablets, Smartphone etc. Due to this, not only the elders but also the children’s sleep have started getting disturbed.
Children are also engaged in the phone from morning till sleeping at night. Staying on the phone while sleeping at night has a bad effect on the health of children. If your child also has such habits, then you should know what are the benefits of deep sleep for children and how many hours of sleep it is necessary for them to take (Baby Sleep Chart).
Benefits of getting enough and deep sleep
- According to a medical research, when children are in deep sleep, growth hormone is very active in their body.
- Children who sleep well have a stronger immune system
- Having a strong immune system helps the child fight diseases, infections, cough and cold.
- By getting better sleep, you do not feel tired throughout the day
- After getting enough and deep sleep, children are able to perform well in any work.
- If you want to give energy to the body, then relax. The body completely relaxes from sleep.
- When we are in deep sleep, our body makes glycogen. This gives energy and you feel active and happy after waking up.
Disadvantages of not getting enough sleep
- bipolar disorder
- mental disorders such as anxiety
How many hours of sleep is necessary for a child of what age
- 4- 12 month old baby has to sleep for 12-16 hours.
- A child of 12 months to 2 years needs 11-14 hours of sleep.
- At the age of 3-5 years, 10-13 hours of sleep is necessary.
- A 6-12 year old child should sleep for 9-12 hours.
- 13-18 year olds need 8-10 hours of sleep.
Give good sleep to children like this
- There should be a calm environment where the child sleeps while sleeping. In the room where you are sleeping, there should be light or medium light.
- Always note how long your child is sleeping and how long it takes him to do other activities. This will help her to fall asleep at the right time.
- Do not make the child do more outdoor activities in the evening, at this time let him be a little quiet.
What advice do doctors give
- Child specialist Dr Sanjay Kumar has told many important things about the sleep of children. According to them, newborn babies sleep for about 10 to 19 hours, while their average sleep should be at least 14 hours.
- If the child is more or less, then parental expectation can be a reason behind it, that is, the parents decide how much sleep is necessary for the child. Apart from this, there can also be a reason that mothers who do not breastfeed their child and feed outside milk, those children may also have problems with sleep.
- According to the doctor, children should be kept away from mobile and electronic gadgets, especially while sleeping. It can affect the child’s brain and disturb their sleep.
- Set a routine for the child to sleep and wake up, which should be the same every day.
- Keep away from caffeine for a few hours before the baby sleeps.
read this also-
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )