IPL 2023: 29-year-old Sandeep Sharma’s name could not do much in India’s international cricket team, but Indian Premier League, Sandeep Sharma has taken international cricketers from all over the world on his spinning balls. On the other hand, Jasprit Bumrah is such a bowler, whose sting is left in IPL as well as in international cricket. However, most of the fans would not know that the IPL debut of Sandeep Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah happened in the same year. In such a situation, if you want to know how similar is the IPL career of Jasprit Bumrah and Sandeep Sharma. So must read this article of ours.
Jasprit Bumrah vs Sandeep Sharma
- Jasprit Bumrah’s IPL debut took place on 4 April 2013 against Royal Challengers Bangalore. In his debut match, Bumrah took 3/33 in 4 overs.
- Sandeep Sharma’s IPL debut took place on 11 May 2013 against Sunrisers Hyderabad. In his debut match, Sandeep Sharma took 3 wickets for 21 runs in 4 overs.
- Jasprit Bumrah has played in 120 IPL matches so far. During this, Bumrah has taken 145 wickets at 23.31 and a strike rate of 18.91.
- While Sandeep Sharma has so far taken 114 wickets in 104 IPL matches at an average of 26.33 and a strike rate of 20.33.
- Jasprit Bumrah has an economy rate of 7.04 in IPL, while Sandeep Sharma bowls at an economy rate of 7.77.
- Bumrah’s best performance is 5 for 10, while Sandeep Sharma’s best bowling figure is 4/20.
- Bumrah has taken 4 wicket haul twice in his IPL career, while Sandeep Sharma has also done this feat twice.
- Jasprit Bumrah has taken 5 wicket haul once so far, but Sandeep Sharma has not been able to take 5 wickets in an innings even once.
Can Sandeep make up for Bumrah?
Looking at these figures, it seems that Bumrah and Sandeep Sharma are bowlers of almost the same category, but Bumrah has speed and the ability to bowl yorkers continuously. So on the other hand, Sandeep Sharma has the amazing ability to swing the ball both ways from the same length using the new ball.
Also read: Will Sri Lankan cricketers not be able to play in IPL? BCCI took this decision