Guru Nanak Dev Jayanti 2022: This year Guru Nanak Jayanti will be celebrated on 8 November. This birth anniversary is very special for the followers of Sikhism. It is also called Prakash Utsav or Guru Parv. Guru Nanak was the founder of Sikhism and the first Sikh Guru. He was born in the year 1469 on the day of Kartik Purnima. Therefore, every year on the full moon day of Kartik month, Guru Nanak Jayanti is celebrated all over the world.
Guru Nanak Jayanti celebration starts two days before Poornamashi day or Poornima day. It includes rituals like Akhand Path, Nagar Kirtan etc. Gurudwaras across the country are decorated on the day of Guru Nanak Jayanti, which is visited by a large number of devotees. On Guru Nanak Jayanti, we know some important things related to Nanak Dev.
Important things of Guru Nanak Dev
- Child Nanak was born in 1469, 64 km from Lahore. Nanak was of a different nature since childhood. It is believed that God inspired Nanak to do something different.
- It is said that since childhood, Guru Nanak Dev had a lot of inclination towards spirituality and he used to engage in satsang and contemplation. Guru Nanak left his studies at the age of 8 to seek God.
- Guru Nanak’s devotion to God was very high, due to which people started considering him as a divine person. By the age of 30, the knowledge of Guru Nanak Dev had matured and after attaining ultimate knowledge, he preached the truth all his life.
- There is a famous story about Guru Nanak that he became a rebel at the age of 11. Despite being in Hinduism, he refused to wear it. Nanak said that people should develop their qualities instead of wearing the thread.
- Guru Nanak was strictly against superstition and pomp. He also raised questions on local sadhus and clerics. Nanak did not like external appearances at all and he always insisted on internal change.
- Nanak used to seek God in nature itself. He said that only through contemplation one can progress on the path of spirituality. They were married in 1496. He also had a family.
- Nanak started his spiritual journey from India, Tibet and Arabia which lasted for 30 years. During this, Nanak studied a lot and also debated with educated people. During this time Nanak shaped the path of Sikhism and established spirituality for a good life. Guru Nanak spent the last time of his life in Kartarpur, Punjab.
read this also
Take these measures on Kartik Purnima, every wish will be fulfilled, Lakshmi ji will also be happy
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of validation, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.