Jaggery or Sugar: Regarding jaggery and sugar, the question often arises whether jaggery is healthier than sugar, can sugar patients consume jaggery while sugar cannot. Do people who eat jaggery really have diabetes? Many such questions keep coming up frequently. Here you are being given answers to similar questions, from which you will be able to know that if someone has diabetes, then which of these two things he should consume.
People who are on the verge of becoming a diabetic, that is, those whose sugar level remains high and who also have sugar in heredity. That is, in whose house parents, grandparents, grandparents, someone has had a problem of diabetes, what should such people do to avoid becoming diabetic patients, here is what …
What is more beneficial between jaggery and sugar?
- When it comes to weight control or lowering the sugar level, both jaggery and sugar are the same. In this case, no one can be called better. Because both jaggery and sugar contain the same amount of calories.
- But where only calories are available from sugar and other nutrients are lacking in it, besides calories from jaggery, vitamins, minerals and nutrients like iron, calcium, phosphorous are also obtained. Therefore, jaggery is more healthy than sugar.
When should we eat jaggery and sugar?
- Talking about the season, jaggery should be consumed in winter and sugar should be consumed in summer. But a small amount of jaggery can be consumed throughout the year and similarly sugar can also be consumed in limited quantity throughout the year.
- Jaggery is hot in taste. Therefore, it gives warmth to the body in winter and protects it from the wrath of cold. Jaggery should be consumed in winters with sesame seeds, amaranth, groundnut, puffed rice etc.
- In winter, take jaggery with milk and drink tea made of jaggery. With this the test will also change and the benefits of jaggery will also be available.
What to do to avoid diabetes?
- If your sugar level remains high and you are on the verge of becoming diabetic or there is a problem of sugar in your family history, then you do not need to stop eating jaggery and sugar. Rather limit their consumption and keep the lifestyle healthy.
- To avoid diabetes, one has to stop eating refined sugar and ultra processed packet food. To know more about this you click here Know more what celebrity dietitian Rujuta Diwekar has to say about this weight loss, health and sugar regimen.
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet and suggestion, please consult a doctor or concerned expert.
Read also: Custard apple is beneficial in blood pressure and anemia, more benefits are available if eaten in small quantities
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )