When Doctors Ask for CT Scan: In many serious diseases, doctors recommend a CT scan for comprehensive information. It is such a word, which is heard by everyone nowadays and most people are also aware of its process. But people often get confused about why doctors are now asking for CT scan when they have done X-rays earlier. At the same time, some people get scared even thinking that after the X-ray, CT has been asked, that is, the condition is serious! You will get to know the correct answers to many such questions here.
First of all, you should know that CT scan is a form of X-ray. It is also called as CAT scan. Whereas its full name is – Computerized Tomography Scan (CT Scan). A CT scan is generally not advised. The doctors first ask for an X-ray. But when they feel that their work will not be done by X-ray, then they write for CT scan.
Why is CT scan done?
A CT scan is needed when doctors need a detailed study of the soft tissues, blood vessels or bones of the body while examining a disease and gathering detailed information about it. That’s why doctors get it done only in major diseases. Or even to clear any big doubt, because CT scan gives pictures of the internal parts of the body in detail. like…
- in head disease
- severe shoulder disease
- heart problems
- knee problems
- CT scan of chest
- abdominal CT scan
- CT scan of the spinal cord
How is CT scan done?
- For CT scan, the patient is made to lie inside the CT scan machine. This machine is like a tunnel and the person is taken inside by lying on it, where photography is done from different angles through the parts inside the machine. These photos are then sent to the computer connected to the machine.
- Photographs are taken of the part of the body which has to be CT scanned, which cover that part of the body from every angle. after sending to computer
- Their 3D pictures are made and assembled, after studying which doctors get information about the exact condition of the patient.
- It takes very less time to get this test done and there is nothing to be afraid of in any way. You will neither get any cut nor will any drip.
In which diseases CT scan is done?
- in muscle problem
- in serious bone diseases
- during cancer treatment
- To treat any internal injury to the body
- in the treatment of heart problems or diseases
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet and suggestion, please consult a doctor or concerned expert.
Read also: How many types of birth control pills are there and when should they be consumed, know
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )