Cold in Kids: You will be surprised to know that by the age of 3, most children have cold and cough problem 6 to 8 times in a year. Usually, when these viruses attack the children’s body for the first time, their immune system is not able to fight the virus as well as it does in the second or third time. Because in the beginning, even the immune system of children does not know how to deal with these outer viruses. That is, the main reason why children have cold and cough is their fragile body and weak immune system.
At the same time, another major reason for problems like cold and cough or viral in children is coming in contact with infected children during group play. In fact, if a child has a cold or a runny nose, the virus released from his body during sneezing and coughing can survive on clothing, toys and other things he uses for the next 30 minutes. During this time period, if any other child comes in contact with these things, then the risk of infection increases manifold.
How to protect baby from infection?
To protect children from infection in the changing season, it is necessary that you teach them some basic social etiquette. like…
- Mouth should be covered with hanky when coughing and sneezing
- Do not put your hands on the mouth, nose or eyes while playing with toys or playing on the ground.
- Hands should be washed with soap before eating or drinking anything.
- Teach the child about the use of hand sanitizer.
- You must be thinking that a 3 year old child is too young to learn all this, if you are thinking this then it is not right because you are giving your little-one all this.
- Start teaching, once it becomes a habit, it will not only take care of itself, it will also not let you do such carelessness!
- This is because children are quick learners. If you explain any thing to them in detail i.e. why should do this, what happens by doing this and what will happen if you do not do it etc. So the child understands everything.
change in child’s diet
With the increasing cold in the weather, necessary changes should be made in the diet of children going to play school to children going to inter college. So that the children remain healthy and their studies are not disturbed. In any case, falling ill again and again has a bad effect on physical and mental growth in children. So make these necessary changes in their diet.
- In breakfast, start giving milk containing dry fruits and saffron to the baby.
- Give turmeric milk to the child before sleeping at night.
- After taking bath, massage mustard oil or almond oil on the child’s body. This also increases the immunity of the disease.
- Tell the child that he no longer has to eat cold things like ice cream.
- Include oats and porridge in the breakfast-food of the child.
- Make sure that the child takes the right amount of fluid diet. In this regard, you can go with your child and meet the child specialist i.e. Pediatrician.
Disclaimer: The methods, methods and claims mentioned in this article are to be taken only as suggestions, ABP News does not confirm them. Before following any such treatment/medication/diet and suggestion, please consult a doctor or concerned expert.
Read also: It is necessary for many people to quit dairy products, know if you are not involved in them
Check out below Health Tools-
Calculate Your Body Mass Index ( BMI )